Building a Sustainable Future
Building a Sustainable Future: Macro to Micro
Join NFRC for our virtual Sustainability Sessions as we take macro look at future weather patterns and predictions; understand how the built environment is responding to climate change; down to the micro level with cutting-edge innovations in solar glass.
NFRC is committed to advancing continuous improvement of windows, doors, and skylights, contributing to making buildings more comfortable and energy-efficient.
NFRC empowers people to create better buildings, increasing public awareness of energy efficiency and environmental responsibility, thereby enriching the wellness of those who choose NFRC certified fenestration products.
NFRC establishes fair, accurate and credible energy efficiency ratings for windows, doors, and skylights.
Get a copy of NFRC’s Carbon Emissions Summary Report here.
NFRC Environmental Stewarship
NFRC is committed to sustainable business practices and reducing the environmental impact of our facility and operations.
NFRC Internal Sustainability Practices
- Nearly 100% remote staff
- Downsized headquarters
- Office location was selected to require least amount of commuting for in-person staff meetings
- NFRC recycles all paper, cardboard, glass, and plastic
- Daylighting used to reduce need for artificial lighting
- Bottleless water cooler reduces single use water bottles
- Net-zero carbon emissions from facility and operations achieved through reduction of resource use, virtual meetings, and Terrapass carbon offsets
- Reduced in-person balloting meetings from two (2) to one (1) a year
- Online meeting app eliminates the need for printed program and materials
NFRC Environmental Team
The NFRC Environmental Team is a staff-led group that identifies and implements measures to improve the environmental performance of our facility and operations.
DMW 2019 Green Awards recipient NFRC received the honor for making its mark on the green market for empowering people to compare windows, doors, and skylights that can help make homes and buildings more comfortable and energy-efficient.
Annual Sustainability Sponsors
Exclusive opportunities available. Expand your reach and support NFRC’s sustainability efforts all year with annual sponsorship opportunities.
NFRC is proud member of the USGBC
Member of the MD Green Registry
Terrapass Carbon Balanced